INTERNATIONAL Australia: IT dominates best workplaces list, recruiter in 10th place
Fri, 22 Jun 2012
IT and technology firms made up five of the top 10 in business publication BRW’s list of Australia’s 50 best places to work.
Specialist recruitment consultancy TRC comes in at number 10. Employment Office, an online recruitment solution, was 25th, and medical and locums recruiter Wavelength International stood at 28. The full top 10 appears below the ad:
- OBS (IT services company, based in Melbourne)
- NetApp (data storage, North Sydney)
- Google (internet services, Pyrmont, New South Wales)
- e-Web Marketing (SEO & marketing, St Leonards, New South Wales)
- Altis Consulting (hospitality & events, Sydney)
- Salesforce.com (sales & CRM software, Sydney)
- Cordelta (professional services, Canberra)
- The Physio Co (physiotherapy, South Melbourne)
- Atlassian (software development, Sydney)
- TRC Group (specialist recruiter, Sydney)
Sydney (including North Sydney) companies made up 19 of the 50 firms listed.
New South Wales, the state of which Sydney is the capital, accounted for seven of the top 10.
Employment minister Bill Shorten rang OBS managing director Andy Neuman yesterday (21 June) to offer his congratulations, and comments: “A good job is one which employees and employers want to turn up to every day. It's one where teamwork is paramount, where everyone’s insights are valued. It's where the whole team feels empowered.”