New REC Healthcare executive co-opts nine members into roles
Thu, 31 May 2012
REC Healthcare, the newly formed specialist sector group for Recruitment & Employment Confederation (REC) members working in health and social care recruitment, has co-opted nine members onto its committee.
REC Healthcare was formed at the end of 2011 by amalgamating three previously existing groups (REC Social Workers, REC Medical and REC Nursing), whose members then voted for a chair and vice chair for the new group, a spokesperson tells Recruiter.
Once elected, chair Andrew Horner, director of Morestaff, and vice-chair Alyx Peters, managing director of HCL company MPS Healthcare, then opened nominations for nine council positions. Nine nominees came forward, so Horner and Peters decided to co-opt the following nine people on to the committee, who will serve a four-year term, after which elections will take place for future committees:
- Demi Barrett, team leader, Lifeline Personnel
- Helena Benjamin, company director, Care Recruitment UK
- Samantha Griggs, sales director, Randstad Care
- Laura Hale, business development director, DRC Locums
- Stewart London, managing director, Athona
- Jonathan Payne, MD, Lime Social Care
- Faiza Rizvi, director, Capital Care Services
- Gill Robinson, director, Manpower
- Gary Taylor, MD, Psychiatry People