Candidates for REC elections announced
Wed, 30 May 2012
A former chairman of the Recruitment & Employment Confederation (REC) who stepped down several years ago and a qualified psychotherapist are just two of the 24 candidates seeking election next month to seven corporate directors’ roles on the trade body council.
Two candidates have put themselves forward for three individual directors’ positions to be filled. An REC spokeswoman said that once the elections have been completed, the full council will decide whether or not to co-opt an eligible person to the remaining role.
The candidates for the corporate directors’ positions include three incumbents:
- Sean Gallagher, chief executive, ITHR Group. A four-year veteran of the council, Gallagher was elected its head of finance in March.
- Jacqueline Hilton, talent acquisition director, Fidelis Partners. In her candidate biography, Hilton said she was co-opted onto the council in June 2011 “after a number of Board members resigned following the election process”.
- Simon Noakes, joint managing director, Bespoke Recruitment. In March, Noakes was appointed to a vice chairman’s role on the council.
Also seeking election to the corporate directors’ roles:
- Anne Beitel, director, Executives Online
- Helena Benjamin, company director, Care Recruitment UK
- Liz Bickley, MD, HCL Doctors
- Tom Craven, founding director and headhunter, Dome Recruitment
- Richard Crawley, CEO, STR Group
- Julie Cummings, MD, Temp-Team
- Daniel Griggs, MD, Renard Resources
- Rebekah Handford, MD, HighPoint Recruitment Consultants
- Gary Irvine, owner/chairman, Diamond Recruitment Group. Spent two years as REC chairman, stepping down in 2007.
- Lisa Jarvis, owner, Permanent Solutions Direct
- Sandy Lacey-Aberdein, director, Talent2
- Tim Lane, joint business development director, OCC Computer Personnel
- Dan Malkoun, director, AMDAS
- Jo Padgin, managing partner, Rotherwood Recruitment
- Laurie Percival, CEO, recruitment division, Cordant Group
- Dawn Rehbein [Ellmore], owner, Dawn Ellmore Employment Agency
- John Sutton, MD/owner, Pure Staff
- Gary Taylor, MD, Psychiatry People and GP World
- Andrew Tugwell, group operations director, Acorn Recruitment & Training Group
- Janette Withey, owner, Quay People
- Ian Woodley, director, Quartz Healthcare and owner, The MIND Works (Qualified psychotherapist)
Seeking election to the two individual directors’ roles are:
- Miles Davis, MD, HCL Workforce Solutions
- Jo Edwards, MD, Tate Recruitment, Impellam Group. Edwards is the current chair of the REC Office Professionals Sector Group
The full council consists of up to 24 directors plus the organisation’s CEO, Kevin Green.