The Recruitment & Employment Confederation (REC) is seeking nominations to its council, according to an REC statement. The nomination period is open until Friday, 27 April 2012 ahead of voting starting in May. Nomination forms can be downloaded from the REC’s website.
The council consists of up to 24 people – up to 17 directors representing corporate members and up to seven representing individual members of the Institute of Recruitment Professionals (IRP), plus the organisation’s chief executive.
Ten posts are up for election at this time – for seven corporate and three individual members – more than the regular quarter of a council to be re-elected every year, the statement said.
Five positions are currently empty because Council members stood down during the past 12 months. An additional two will be vacated in June by current members John Rowley and Theresa Swann who are not standing again. The three remaining – those currently held by Sean Gallagher, Jacqueline Hilton and Simon Noakes – are up for re-election.
The statement said that the online voting system first used last year will again be implemented, with voting running from 18 May to 11 June. Results will be announced at the 13 June AGM in London.
Council directors are expected to commit 10 days a year to REC business.
In the statement, chief executive Kevin Green describes serving as a council member as “a really great way to make a contribution towards influencing not just the direction of the REC, but of the recruitment industry as a whole. I would urge anyone who feels passionately about working in recruitment and improving standards to come forward and stand for the Council”.
He added that it was vital that the council reflects the variety and diversity of the recruitment industry “through being representative and accountable. We are really keen to receive nominations from members working across all sectors and all regions of the UK”. Current REC Council members:
- Executive director: Kevin Green
- Chair: Neil Smith, director, Kinetic
- Joint vice-chairs: Jeff Brooks, chairman, Primesourcing and Simon Noakes, director, Bespoke Recruitment (Construction)
- Chair of employment policy committee: Marshall Evans, operations director, Staffline Recruitment Group
- Chair of professional standards committee: Chris Kenny, general manager, Levy Associates
- Chair of finance: Sean Gallagher, managing director, IT Human Resources
Corporate directors (in addition to Brooks, Evans, Gallagher, Kenny, Noakes and Smith, above):
- Diane Bradbury, managing director, Huntress
- Tracy Evans, corporate director, Pertemps
- Adrian Gunn, chief executive, Matchtech Group
- Harris Keillar, managing director, Keillar Resourcing
- Kevin Maughan, corporate director, Kelburn Recruitment
- Theresa Swann, managing director, Swann Recruitment
- Jacqueline Hilton, managing director, Fidelis Partners
- Susie Ankrett, director, Plum Personnel
- Mike Cooper, director, The Best Connection Group
- Philip Higgins, managing director, Rullion Group
- Greg Latham, managing director, Encore Personnel
- John Rowley, chief executive, The Corporate Services Group